Why TouchDesigner videos?
After years of working on some of the largest TouchDesigner installations in the world, I wanted to make a new platform for high quality video tutorials and workshops. I’ve seen a lot of success and excitement around the few online live workshops I’ve hosted, but even with those there were a ton of people who couldn’t attend or wanted to try and purchase the workshop videos after the fact. This is why I created my series of free TouchDesigner Beginner Video Tutorials as well as our paid TouchDesigner Training platform: The HQ PRO.
TouchDesigner Beginner Tutorial Series
If you’re a TouchDesigner Beginner, check out our TouchDesigner Tutorial Series!
We teach you all the basics of how to use TouchDesigner, including mouse controls, hotkeys, parameters, the operator families, and more.
I’ll be posting video tutorials/workshops every other week covering many different topics. I’ll have general workshops for beginners, demonstrations of techniques for intermediate users, and deep dives on advanced concepts for pros. Workshops will include project files that you can reference and use as templates for your own work and projects. Videos can be streamed online or downloaded for offline viewing. The current two videos available are:
- A deep dive on TouchDesigner optimization, which includes how to use diagnostic tools like Performance Monitor and Probe, and a look at the common project bottlenecks, such as CPU, GPU, and hard drive/storage
- An extensive tutorial on how to use Render Picking in TouchDesigner. This often hard-to-learn technique allows you to create truly interactive 3D scenes that can easily scale from single-click to multi-touch displays
Get Our 7 Core TouchDesigner Templates, FREE
We’re making our 7 core project file templates available – for free.
These templates shed light into the most useful and sometimes obtuse features of TouchDesigner.
They’re designed to be immediately applicable for the complete TouchDesigner beginner, while also providing inspiration for the advanced user.
How to get them?
Getting the workshops and video tutorials are easy. Follow the few steps below:
- Head over our HQ PRO home page
- Sign up for our free 7-day trial
- Check your email for links to stream and download the videos and project files
That’s it! A few quick steps can be the key to levelling up your TouchDesigner skills.