As an HQ PRO member, you get:
The First Certificate For TouchDesigner Professionals
When learning TouchDesigner, it can be difficult to know what skills you need to accomplish your goals, much less where you can acquire those skills. Most of the techniques used by professionals aren’t well documented, and those that have them typically learn on the job through trial and error.
It’s for this reason that we created the TouchDesigner Operations Foundations Certificate, the only TouchDesigner certificate currently available.
The 6-hour course provides you with the confidence you need to operate TouchDesigner. It’s perfect for those beginning their a career as a developer and artist, as well as advanced TouchDesigner users looking to solidify their skills and knowledge.
At the end of the TouchDesigner Operations Foundations course, you will take a 100-minute exam consisting of multiple-choice questions and a practical component.
Once passed, you will be given a certificate that can be displayed on LinkedIn and our job board, as well as on your CV when applying for gigs and jobs.
Click below to for a full description of what’s included in The TouchDesigner Operation Foundations Certificate Program:
- Discover the fundamentals of the TouchDesigner paradigm: Never used a node-based programming environment before? You’ll learn the basics of TouchDesigner logic and workflows and exactly what nodes and wires are and how they work. This includes a walkthrough of the basic settings and preferences you can leverage in TouchDesigner to set you up for success.
- Gain a deep understanding of all six of the operator families used by TouchDesigner and how they integrate with the TouchDesigner workflow. We’ll walk you an example project for each of them. Operator families include…
- Signal processing and channel data (CHOPs)
- Compositing and texture manipulation (TOPs)
- Procedural 3d and rendering (SOPs)
- Data processing (DATs)
- Materials and shading (MATs)
- User interface and controls (COMPs)
In this certificate, we take you beyond the operator basics and show you functionality and techniques that are not made explicit in TouchDesigner. These include optimization strategies to speed up performance of your system, tools for manipulating data more easily, and techniques to visualize the processes happening inside nodes, allowing you to work faster and create better art.
- Master the basics of real-time generative content: From creating graphics using dynamic noise data in real-time to audio-responsive 3D geometry, we’ll go through multiple examples of how to start creating beautiful generative content in TouchDesigner.
- Get the simple, day-1 preset system the pros use: Most TouchDesigner preset systems are too complicated for beginners. With our day-1 preset system, anyone can start creating presets without any prior TouchDesigner experience, which is a massive advantage most people don’t have when they’re starting out.
- Time-saving keyboard shortcuts and application tricks: This should be intuitive, but it’s not. Having these under your belt from the get-go is a huge time-saver.
- Understand of the TouchDesigner documentation and Wiki: You’ll learn how to leverage the Wiki and all documentation available to overcome any TouchDesigner challenge that comes your way.
- Know where to find – and how to leverage – community tools: Whether you want real-time running examples of how operators work, ready-to-deploy tools you can use in your projects, template projects to give you a headstart on your work, or communities of other pros you can ask for help or gigs, you’ll have the ability to source the help you need through the robust – but sometimes obtuse – TouchDesigner community.
At the end of The TouchDesigner Operation Foundations Certificate, you’ll have the skills you need to begin a career as a TouchDesigner developer. You’ll also get the only certificate for our industry, which will give you a significant edge when applying for gigs and jobs.
Access to every single one of our trainings
Want to create installations that use GPU particle systems, volumetric lighting, and multi-composite operators? Check.
How about building dynamic 3D installations with interactive elements that can scale from single to multi-touch and virtual reality – all without changing anything about your setup? We’ve got you covered.
Or maybe you just want to know how to get clients who will pay you $1,500 per day for your services.
All of this is included in our training videos, where we lay out the exact foundation of our TouchDesigner practice. We currently provide over 70 hours of in-depth training, with new material guaranteed to be released every month. We regularly sell individual trainings for $125 a piece.
HQ PRO Trainings
Click on the icons below for a full description of each individual training
Ask Elburz and Matthew Ragan anything, anytime in our closed Facebook group filled with TouchDesigner experts
The Facebook group is where you’ll be able to discuss and ask us anything and everything TouchDesigner. Along with your fellow group members, we will help you get answers and solutions to ANY TouchDesigner related challenge.
As many of us know, putting the pieces of the TouchDesigner puzzle together can be an overwhelming, time-consuming, frustrating experience. Part of this is due to the fact that when learning TouchDesigner, there often isn’t anyone to help answer questions or connect the missing pieces.
This often results in talented, creative, driven designers and artists like you struggling to achieve the career they want with TouchDesigner. We’ve seen many people with potential underperform or give up because they lacked the right tools and resources to take their TouchDesigner career to the next level.
That’s why we’re including the closed Facebook Group in the HQ PRO.
Want to know how something you learned in one of our courses applies to your unique situation? Have a specific client challenge you need help with?
That’s what the HQ PRO is for. In this group, you’ll have one-on-one, unfiltered access to us, every single day. This group is closed and is only for HQ PRO members. It’s a place for us to get above the noise and have high-level TouchDesigner conversations where we address your individual needs and challenges.
Get Your Profile Listed on the Only Job Board for Interactive Tech and Immersive Media Professionals
Want to get discovered by companies looking to hire TouchDesigner developers?
That’s what our job board is for.
Not only will you get access to the entire job board, you also get to create a profile showcasing your work, skills, and education.
This means that, when employers are looking to hire someone, they’ll be able to find your profile and hire you directly through our site.
Attend regular coaching calls
We’ll be hosting two one-hour group coaching calls every month.
On these calls, you’ll have the chance to ask us any questions you have and get help with projects you’re working on. We’ll laser in on any obstacles you’re facing and come up with strategies for overcoming them.
We’ll also be presenting on new topics here that we won’t be discussing anywhere else.
The HQ PRO is the only place where we will be providing TouchDesigner coaching.
Use over 20 plug-and-play TouchDesigner tools
We realized a long time ago that if we wanted to meet client expectations, we needed total control over our installations. To accomplish this, we developed over 20 TouchDesigner-specific tools. These tools are built to integrate seamlessly with TouchDesigner and have saved us countless hours and resources. These tools are no longer for sale outside the HQ PRO. This means that the HQ PRO is the ONLY place you can get access to our 20+ custom-built TouchDesigner tools.
A one time, 1-1 SOS call with us
Included in the HQ PRO is a 15-minute call with us. This call is ideal for helping you with a specific sticking point. Having trouble with a particular client? Can’t figure out that one thing in TouchDesigner? That’s what this call is for.
Or, you can just call us to chat about whatever. It’s up to you! But remember, you only get ONE call per membership, regardless of how long you subscribe for. So use it wisely.
“The Interactive & Immersive HQ PRO team masters, and as teachers they uniquely takes on the seemingly mundane but ultimately very important micro lessons woven into the macro techniques which makes for a highly productive and holistic approach to learning. Their attention to detail, sense of humor, and worldly perspective on the industry makes them the perfect teachers.”
– Hal Lovemelt, CEO @ Feeback.video
“The HQ PRO coaches have been an essential guide for me in this exciting and growing industry. They demystified many of the inner workings of TouchDesigner in my early days and have come in clutch with solutions on a number of high-profile installations.”
– Landon Thomas, Interactive Engineer @ Obscura Digital
“When it comes to TouchDesigner, The HQ PRO teacher’s names are often mentioned in the same breath with the authors of the program. Despite their mastery, they understand the confusion that can come with encountering complex topics for the first time. They are natural teachers, they’re funny, and they’re easy on the eyes.”
– Noah Norman, Chief @ Hard Work Party
The HQ PRO
50% OFF Promotion
For a limited time, get your first month in The HQ PRO for $73.50 – that’s 50% OFF!
Offer Ends February 28th
- Get The TouchDesigner Operation Foundations Certificate, the first certificate for TouchDesigner Professionals
- Access 70+ hours of in-depth TouchDesigner video training and courses
- Join 100+ TouchDesigner developers in The HQ PRO closed Facebook group, where our coaches answer questions daily
- Create your own profile – with portfolio, bio, and experience – directly on our job board, giving you priority access to new gigs and opportunities
- Download over 20 plug-and-play TouchDesigner tools
- Attend 2 live group coaching calls per month
- Book a 15-minute SoS call with Elburz Sorkhabi
- There’s no commitment – if you decide the group isn’t for you, or just want some time off, you can cancel at any time